Friday, October 12, 2007

Teenage Pregnacy: Right or Wrong? Love or Lust?

Teenage Pregnancy is all around these days. Some big quetions are: Are they [the teenagers] Easy? Was it free will? Was it rape? Was it love? Was it forced? Is it right?

I don't know about anyone else, but these are just a few of the questions that buzz my brain constantly lately. My oppinions are as follows:

Don't always call the mothers-to-be easy until you know what really happened. They could very well be, but they could also be forced, by the "father" (aka SPERM DONOR), their parents, friends. They could've been threatened, beaten or raped. IT IS NOT ALWAYS BECAUSE THE GIRLS ARE EASY!

Now the bigger question: Right or Wrong. A lot of older people may think its wrong, because of the day and age. I know my grandmother thought so, at first. Until my cousin (who is 16) got pregnant. We changed her thinking. When my grandmother was 16, she was married. Had her first child (my father) at 18, and my aunt at 20. So my cousin isn't necessarily in the wrong. When the older generation was younger, they were getting married at 13, 14, 15. Having babies that early. Why do they think its wrong? If they could find love at that age, why can't we? I know times may have been a little different, like early deaths and all, but how about now-adays. At least if we get married at the same ages, we could possibly enjoy as much time with our spouses.

I'm just tired of teenage pregnancy coming out as a bad thing. It's not ALWAYS bad.

comments

FS_college_kid2007's blog • Login or register to post comments • 43 reads • Email this page • Printer friendly version
You have a great point.
Submitted by Meaghan Kochheiser on Thu, 10/11/2007 - 12:03pm.
You have a great point. People are too quick to jump to the "she's a whore" conclusion, and that's not always the case.

Login or register to post comments • Email this page
Exaclty my point
Submitted by FS_college_kid2007 on Thu, 10/11/2007 - 12:06pm.
I know for a fact that my cousin was forced, and then she left the guy, Found out she was pregnant and now they are back together, even though she doesn't want to be. She needs the money and support

i♥jeremiah kent♥

I tend to think it's more
Submitted by truelife90 on Thu, 10/11/2007 - 12:38pm.
I tend to think it's more about lust than love unless the two people agree to have a child. That's why people would prefer their kids after sex after they are married. The idea of us having sex to lust is just absurd to older generations. They programmed us what is right, what is wrong, when to do it, and when not to do it. Parents themselves probably made a lot of mistakes so they don't want to see their kids follow the same path. Thus, they avoid talking about it openly. My parents don't talk about it much. I was so naive about the whole sex topic. But school and friends taught me a lot. So, I never really did it with anyone. I'm waiting for someone to come along...and it doesn't necessary mean I will only have sex when I get married. What if I'll never get married? OH Gosh, I'll die as a virgin.


young and pregnant

Submitted by jayala20 on Thu, 10/11/2007 - 12:47pm.
i do not agree with you. how can you think that at 15, 16 or whatever is ok to have a baby! it's not. especially in this world today it is even worse. Years ago things were different and back then having kids at that age was ok and nothing else to do, but now we know we need education and more. I think and beleive that eveyone should have at least somewhat of a college education when they have kids but if it was becasue of a rape or something than i would understand on having a baby. but there are also adoptions options that one can do.

No comments: